Brad Stephens – Profile
Brad started his career in the Freight Forwarding industry as a trainee for a Multinational forwarding company in 1994, learning the ropes and completing a full apprenticeship along the German model.
Brad cut his teeth in the South African Freight industry and then in 1999 he took an opportunity to run the commercial department of British ships agency in Lagos, Nigeria.
Two years later the shipping line was sold and Brad moved on to Tema, Ghana as the owners representative for a German shipping line specialising in the Europe / West Africa trade.
In 2004 Brad accepted a new challenge as the Country Manager for a global leader in Contract Logistics and Freight Management based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and ran that business for 2 years before returning home to South Africa.
Upon his return to South Africa, Brad joined a private Freight Management business in Durban with a keen focus on African cargo and ran the Durban branch initially and later set up a dedicated Projects division for the company. Five years of phenomenal growth later, Brad decided to start his own Projects and Africa specialist business and Afriguide Logistics was born.
Brad’s personal project experience includes:
- Water treatment plant – Ruvu River, Tanzania
- Cement plant – Tanga, Tanzania
- Pipeline – Badagry, Lagos, Nigeria
- Mining machinery – Takoradi, Ghana
- Cement plant – Ndola, Zambia
- Mining machinery – Copperbelt, Zambia
- Mining machinery – Lubumbashi to Kolwezi, DRC
- Smelters – Copperbelt, Zambia
- Smelters – Lubumbashi, DRC
- Power plant equipment – Orapa, Botswana
- Power plant – Big Bend, Swaziland
- Ethanol plant – Chisumbanje, Zimbabwe
- Transformers – various, South Africa
- Deep shaft mining equipment – Rustenberg, South Africa
- Heavy Lift equipment – Moatize, Mozambique
- Motor launches – Luanda, Angola